With this new release, ChatGPT is now accessible on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices as well as on the website. The experience is similar across all those platforms, though the Android app sprinkles in a couple of bonus features just like the iOS flavor. The application is reported to collect several types of data. This includes an approximate location, the user’s name, email address, phone number, and details about in-app messages and user interactions.
- Scroll through the share sheet and tap “Add to Home Screen.” If you don’t see this option, it can be added from the “Edit Actions” option at the bottom of the share sheet.
- The free app enables synchronization of user history across multiple devices and provides users with the most recent model enhancements from OpenAI.
- It is worth noting that OpenAI requires users have an active phone number for verification before the account can be created.
- It cannot tell you if it is accurate in the same way an expert with decades of experience could.
- So make sure to only download the official OpenAI ChatGPT app.
Stella has been working in MiniTool Software as an English Editor for more than 7 years. Her articles mainly cover the fields of data recovery including storage media data recovery and phone data recovery, YouTube videos download, partition management, and video conversions. The core feature of a chatbot is to mimic a human conversationalist.
Best practices for using OpenAI ChatGPT
The ChatGPT for Android app is launching a few months after the free iOS app brought the chatbot to iPhones and iPads. By Richard Lawler, a senior editor following news across tech, culture, policy, and entertainment. He joined The Verge in 2021 after several years covering news at Engadget. People who are already familiar with ChatGPT will feel right at home as it’s basically just a way to interact with the chatbot — nothing more, nothing less. Not only is it incredibly fun to use, it can actually be surprisingly useful. If you’re a fan of OpenAI’s powerful chatbot, you might be wondering if it has a smartphone app.
In this article, we explain how to download ChatGPT on iPhone. An equivalent Android app is also “coming soon,” OpenAI says, and it’s worth remembering that you can still use Microsoft’s Bing app to access ChatGPT if you don’t own an iPhone. That said, ChatGPT’s Android app highlights Google’s lack of interest in creating a standalone Bard app. Instead of going down that route, the company has been busy wrapping generative AI services and features into many of its current apps, such as Docs and Gmail.
Downloading and Installing ChatGPT App
Since the release of ChatGPT, we’ve heard from users that they love using ChatGPT on the go. Once you’re set up on your iPhone, there are a lot of things you can do with ChatGPT. You can compose music, write a book (or at least a chapter) and even play text-based games. And by using a few of the best ChatGPT tips like being specific with your prompts and teaching it your writing style, you’ll be a ChatGPT power user in no time.
- Alternatively, read our guide on how to update your iPhone to iOS 16.
- Android users can access ChatGPT in the browser on your phone.
- Yes, the installer from github.com is just a wrapper for OpenAI ChatGPT website.
- As with Bing Chat (based on GPT-4), Bard and other conversational AI systems, you won’t want to completely rely on the results.
- Some apps using ChatGPT’s API are worth a try, like Petey which lets you use ChatGPT on your Apple Watch.
The system is capable of understanding complex queries and can provide meaningful responses to them. It can also be used for a variety of purposes, such as creating customer service chatbots, virtual assistants, and automated customer support systems. OpenAI ChatGPT offers an easy-to-use, customizable platform that can be used by developers of all skill levels to create powerful conversations.
OpenAI ChatGPT customization options
The app supports code blocks and users can copy and paste answers. Will people continue downloading apps like ChatGPT if an effective AI is built into their devices at launch? It will likely depend on which <--more--> company has the most reliable and accurate AI tool. The free app enables synchronization of user history across multiple devices and provides users with the most recent model enhancements from OpenAI.
- He joined The Verge in 2021 after several years covering news at Engadget.
- The app’s launch is interesting, considering OpenAI’s somewhat ambivalent approach to positioning ChatGPT in the market.
- Upgrade your lifestyleDigital Trends helps readers keep tabs on the fast-paced world of tech with all the latest news, fun product reviews, insightful editorials, and one-of-a-kind sneak peeks.
- With its advanced capabilities, OpenAI ChatGPT can help organizations achieve greater efficiency, improved customer service, and reduced costs.
Beyond that, users are shown a disclaimer noting that ChatGPT has flaws and can be inaccurate, which is a good reminder. The UI is incredibly simple and offers up the same web-based experience, with a chat window that lets you make conversation or ask questions. On its site, OpenAI announced its official ChatGPT for iOS app. This brings the full power of the AI chatbot to your iPhone so you’re no longer limited to a web browser. Plus the mobile version integrates Whisper, OpenAI’s speech-recognition system, so now you can prompt ChatGPT with your voice. The app is available to download right now over on the App Store and thankfully, there are no ads shoehorned into it.
Much more accessible for blind users than the web version
Politicians, meanwhile, are pressing for responsible development and possible regulation. The Android version of the chatbot is available for free on the Google Play Store. The Android app is available in the U.S., India, Bangladesh and Brazil.
- Like the web version, the Android app will require users to log in before having access to the GPT3.5-powered (or GPT4 for Plus users) chatbot.
- At the time of writing, the dataset of the current version of ChatGPT only goes up to 2021.
- On its site, OpenAI announced its official ChatGPT for iOS app.
- It can also compose music, teleplays, fairy tales, and student essays.
- First, it was AI image generators, then came ChatGPT with the ability to generate human-like text conversations.
While this is the first official what temperature do you calibrate your kitchen thermometer app on Android, it isn’t the first OpenAI chatbot on the market. The company powers the Bing AI chatbot which has been an app available on Android for months. Apple is also working on an AI chatbot, according to reporting from Bloomberg. The app is available for download in the U.S., India, Bangladesh and Brazil, but OpenAI said in a tweet that it has plans to expand the rollout to more countries over the next week. In case you have somehow been offline for the past six months (congratulations), ChatGPT is an online artificial intelligence chatbot created by OpenAI in December 2022. Up until recently, it was only available via the website.
Are AI chatbots reliable?
There is also a “ChatGPT Plus” subscription plan for $20 per month. It offers reliable availability when demand is high, faster response speeds, and priority access to new features like ChatGPT plugins. The app could make ChatGPT more accessible, particularly in countries where Android dominates or use kinsa thermometer without app PCs are less common. The software has been available for iPhone users since May, and was updated with iPad support afterward. Once logged in, users will be able to view and resume previous chats they had with ChatGPT on any of the other platforms under the “History” tab and start new conversations.
- Despite these issues, I must say that once I managed to log in successfully, the app itself was fantastic.
- The Android app is slated to be coming to devices “soon.” The article has been updated to reflect this information.
- Users at the time were begging for an app alternative, but now, data from Sensor Tower and Similarweb data shows that web traffic and app installations dropped in June, the Verge reported.
With a more reliable login system, this app has the potential to become a top-tier platform. In conclusion, while the app has its share of login issues, it still holds promise. I’m optimistic that with some updates and improvements, it can provide an even better user experience.
Download and Install ChatGPT Desktop Application (Win/Mac/Linux) [MiniTool Tips]
The ChatGPT app offers all the benefits of the web-based platform, but with additional features tailored for a mobile experience. Whether you’re seeking answers to complex questions, asking for advice, looking for creative inspiration, or trying to learn something new, the ChatGPT app for iOS is ready to assist you. There are also a lot of fake ChatGPT apps in the App Store and Play Store.
- To access a previous chat, just tap the hamburger icon at the top and select History.
- Both platforms let you add a shortcut to the website on your home screen.
- To date, the best way to access OpenAI’s language models on mobile has been to use Microsoft’s Bing app, which offers access to the company’s GPT-4-powered chatbot.
- Then, it quickly garnered attention due to its attractive features.
- The listing on the Google Play Store reveals that the app is free, syncs your history across devices, and will incorporate the latest improvements from OpenAI as and when they become available.
There are hundreds of apps claiming to use the ChatGPT and other GPT APIs—and some may actually be true—but many of them are lying. Plus, they’re full of ads and scummy subscription plans. Snapchat is using ChatGPT for its “My AI” feature, which is essentially just ChatGPT in a direct message conversation. Quizlet is using the API for “Q-Chat,” an AI tutor for students. Instacart’s usage allows customers to ask about food and get shopping suggestions. Digital Trends has a page featuring everything you need to know about the viral chatbot.
OpenAI’s official ChatGPT app for Android arrives on the Play Store
At the time of writing, the dataset of the current version of ChatGPT only goes up to 2021. ChatGPT is not currently connected to the internet and does not “absorb” new information in real time. ChatGPT will be able to access information on the web with plugins.
- With the official ChatGPT on Android, you can get quick access to some of the latest generative AI features.
- And if you really want to change the ChatGPT experience on your phone, we have a guide to setting up ChatGPT to work like Google Assistant on Android.
- ChatGPT for iOS is also integrated with Whisper – OpenAI’s open source speech recognition system – so you’ll be able to use your voice to get answers, too.
OpenAI has announced in a tweet that the official ChatGPT mobile app is now available in more countries. When OpenAI first unveiled its mobile app last week, the app was only available on iOS and in the U.S. Now, many people living in Europe, South Korea, New Zealand and more will be able to download the app from the App Store. If that’s not good enough, you can try one of ChatGPT’s alternatives.
Recent ChatGPT Mobile App news
The accuracy of its responses is similar to how accurate you would be after reading an article online. It cannot tell you if it is accurate in the same way an expert with decades of experience could. It’s the difference between “I read a bunch of articles about plumbing” and “I’m a master plumber, and I can answer that question with authority.”
It can also compose music, teleplays, fairy tales, and student essays. It can answer test questions and write poetry and song lyrics. It can also emulate a Linux system, simulate an entire chat room, play games like tic-tac-toe and simulate an ATM. It works like an artificial intelligence robot, an advanced one. The app, published by ChatGPT creator OpenAI, is listed as “coming soon”.
OpenAI ChatGPT security and privacy
Scroll through the share sheet and tap “Add to Home Screen.” If you don’t see this option, it can be added from the “Edit Actions” option at the bottom of the share sheet. To be safe, ensure that the ChatGPT app displays OpenAI as its publisher. At the moment, it’s difficult to differentiate between real and fake ChatGPT apps.
Moreover, OpenAI provides a method for users to request data deletion. When you use your computer or data storage devices, your files may get lost or deleted by mistake. If you want to get your missing data back, you can try MiniTool Power Data Recovery. This free file recovery tool is specially designed to retrieve files from internal hard drives, external hard drives, SD cards, memory cards, USB flash drives, and more. As long as your files are not overwritten by new data, this software can work to find and recover them.